CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanna freak someone out?

21/2/2011 6.25pm
I sat on the driver's seat on my mum's white Harrier for the first time. Trying to reach for the accelerator pedal, I gripped on the steering wheel, adjusted the position of the seat, the mirrors and and started the car engine. And unbelievably, mum's sitting right beside me on the passenger's seat, and I was going to drive. I guessed mum would be freaked out a lot. And I was totally right =)

Well to be honest, I have to admit that I am not good at driving yet. After all I have only learnt driving for less than 10 hours in a fortnight. And I only drove a Kancil, an extremely small car, manual. Harrier is totally different. Everyone knows well. It's much bigger, longer, power-steering......much expensive. How could I drive as relaxed as I was before? And the thing is, mum's sitting right beside me, staring at my every move and that was the first time ever driving a Harrier.

The whole practice took less than half an hour. But I thought it had already been half a day. And mum was like screaming like hell all the time. I was driving at less than 20 Km/h  along the housing estate road but was accused of driving too fast. In my mind I told myself that it would take a much longer time than I expected to the day when I can drive confidently on the road. I mean on bigger road when mum doesn't have to sit beside me, screaming.

I thought of the day when I drive after a decade. I will have been a much better driver by then. And I think I would think of this day, the first time ever, when mum sat beside me, guiding me how to drive a car. Surely she was more freaked out than I was. And I was thinking that if you want your mum to get an heart attack, or live a shorter life, it would be a good idea to drive when she's sitting beside you. Emm.... Well of course this is a joke, a lame one ;)

Yea. I'm going to do much more practices. I'm not going to freak her out anymore. Hope that everything would be much better the next time I do it =)