CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

like insomnia



Do you make your own dream when you experience Insomnia?
I always dream when I can't sleep well.

Often I picture the dream house of my own. I need nothing and do nothing but close my eyes and start off the journey to build my own house. 

I often see my house sitting on a mountain, overlooking the deep, blue sea. I don't need much lighting in the room because all the walls are see-through glasses with sun control and anti-heat absorption function. So the entire house would be very bright and warm. I'd open all the windows throughout the day. And all that I could hear is the splashing of the waves onto the rocks by the cliff. The sea is so blue and mesmerizing. It is so wide and enormous that I can never see the end of it. The horizon is unclear. The sea and the sky are blent perfectly. 

There is a bathroom sitting in the middle of the bedroom. It's transparent, even the long bath. Everything in the bathroom is snowy-white. Lie down on the bed and as you put your finger on the remote pad, the roof will change into a transparent one. If the sun is not strong, I'd switch that on. So that if I don't want to get too much sun but I'd like to listen to the breeze, I can do sunbathing on a bed. How wonderful.

As the sun sets, I would sit on a couch in the patio which is right in front and along the side of my bedroom. The sun sets North East in the direction of my room. And I'd appreciate the moment it drowns itself beneath the sea. How wonderful. At the patio section which is on the other side of the house, there is where I have my dinner. I have dinner right after the sun sets. And as the sky dims, I'd have the candle lit. And it would be another romantic night for me and my lover, if there's one.

I take a deep breath. The breeze is as cool and as fresh as always. I would sit facing the sea if I'd like to taste the saltiness of the sea breeze. But if I need some fresh air, I would lie down on the grassy land in front of the patio where I have my dinner. Lie down, I look at the dark sky of the shy blinking stars. They are more than a billion miles away but there are always shinning to Earth. And I would always wonder that the light that I see may already be more than a million year old. But it still reaches my eyes. How gorgeous.

My dream house would always exist in my head. It is part of my life, whether it's in the past, at present or even in future as it always keeps me moving forward. It is the momentum of life.

I'm grateful sometimes when I suffer from mild Insomnia. Because to me, it's not a suffering at all. In fact, the dream is more than it sounds. It's my future. It's my life.