CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Friday, January 21, 2011

struggled...? Not really.

Frustrated YM,

I was just deciding whether to apply for the Fudan university. 2 months ago I was so sure that I was going to give it a try to apply for the face-2-face interview because I thought it would be a learning experience for me. But now that only 4 days are left before the deadline approaches, I suddenly decided not to apply for it. I don't understand why. But something beyond my control just happened to make me do so.

Rationally, as I thought, one of the possible reasons is that I wouldn't prefer to study in China as my seniors are saying that China isn't a very commendable place to study. Well, my decision isn't depended merely on that. As I did some analysis then, I thought even if I were to apply for Fudan-U, and if I wasn't accepted by HKU or Taiwan-U, I would very probably choose to study in IMU. I 'm pretty sure that one year ago I wouldn't make such a decision as I had been thinking that studying abroad is always better than local. But things changed eventually.

Although I'm not very confident that I'd be chosen to enroll to HKU or Taiwan-U, I still pray hard for it as I really really would like to study there. Though it doesn't mean that IMU is not commendable. Just that the previous happens to be my first choice. Well, I now have decided not to apply for the interview of Fudan-U because I really think that it's going to be a waste of money and time. And I'm not going to do it just to 'gain experience', as I thought last time. Because the effort I put in would be far more complicated and exhausting than the experience that I'd gain if I were to attend the interview.

My next interview from IMU would be on next Thursday. I am going to prepare myself really WELL because it is very important as it would be my backup plan!

.....I still hope hope hope so much that I accepted by HKU or Taiwan U!!! They are my dream place to pursue my studies!!!

Please ~~~~~



With hope,
Yimin