CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Friday, January 14, 2011

BE GRATEFUL TO YOUR LIFE

It was more than 2 months after I finished my major exam in high school and I've been busy doing the applications of different universities. Probably I'd pursue my future studies in either Taiwan, Hong Kong or Malaysia. That's all. 


There's been one thing that keeps me thinking. It's nothing important nor is it meaningful. It doesn't make much changes to my future plans no matter how much I think about it. It's because I'm doing the 'thinking' thing myself -- it's in my head only. Nobody knows it and I don't think it's so necessary to tell others.


Since the day I started to collect information about my future studies, I've been wondering if I'd have the chance to study abroad to expensive places like the UK, Canada, US or Australia. The thought didn't really affect any of my decisions but it happened that it was like a worm living in my head. Sometimes it bites, sometimes it crawls and creates an itchy feeling.


Well I am not a multi-billionaire's daughter. I have to admit it. But actually I always know this. I do know this very CLEARLY. But the worm seemed to corrode my brain cells every time when I heard that my friends would study in places I mentioned. It wasn't envy I'm quite conscious. But the problem is, my friends are not millionaire's child too. But they afford to do that. 


That I've been analyzing --- wanted to know the reasons so much. 
And I found that it probably is the mentality thing that works things out. Their financial source. It's not really how much you keep in your account book. It's what your parents think about it. And they might be a little luckier than I that they have parents who don't mind working OT every day and get a few more part time jobs to make ends meet. In this context it seems that they are lucky. But when I really think about it. It doesn't really seem so.


I don't know if I'm actually comforting or convincing myself or what. It's just a very basic analysis I did. But it's true.
1 million and get an MBBS degree from any UK or Canada or Australia university.
300K and get an MBBS degree from any of M'sia universities.
150K and get an MBBS degree from any of the Taiwan universities.
That's inclusive of the cost of living.Don't talk about the life experience first. That doesn't affect your future life really that much.
See? I don't understand why people have to make their parents work like cows just to get you a cert from the university. TO NO OFFENSE. I'm just trying to say that if your parents afford to send you to overseas, you should be grateful. But like me, I got the chance to study abroad too. So be grateful too. 


We are lucky people. Many people don't get to further their studies. So be grateful to your life. Appreciate what you have.