CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Monday, September 12, 2011

IMU =) muackssss

today is the first time i ever blog after entering IMU.

There are a lot of emotions going on here. And i feel like I'm walking in dark alleys, climbing up rocky mountains, swimming down the streams and standing on mountains. 

I met all kinds of people here. Basically there are more or less 260 of us in the same batch, ranging from 18 to 22 (from what i know). Everyone really comes from a different background. We speak English of all kinds of accents. Personalities and behaviours vary a lot from one person to another. But there's one thing that is similar, that is the enthusiasm in doing medicine. As I know, there are at least 60 JPA scholars in the batch, which means, there is a rather high percentage of 'genius-like' people here and also, it means, a lot of things out there would be a lot of competitions.

I think I've get used to the environment now. Vista and IMU. I walk to school happily everyday, hoping to meet more friends and get closer to my groupmates. I'm lucky and I appreciate a lot for meeting such nice fellas in the group. Well, at least, they do no harm to me and they bring a lot of joy.

Today we had the first plenary at LT3. It's about proteins. The lecturer is from India I guess, because of his accents. I like his class. And after the first lecture, I feel more like a university student now. 

There are a lot of self-learning and student-centred learning in IMU. We have 2 hours of plenary a day generally. And all the other time there should be no other activities. But I do not expect myself to spend the day facebooking, blogging or hanging around with friends. Exam will be in 6 months time and it would be the first filter, which means, and according to the statistics every year, there would be 10% of students (+-26) failing the exam. I DON'T WANT TO FAIL. Because I cannot afford to fail it. 

I did Biology in Chinese when I was in high school. And I am NOT any smart person. I have to spend a lot of time studying. Therefore, I can't be any other person in IMU who take up lots of other activities, have fun, so on and so forth. I must have GREAT time management so that I can manage stress as well. 

I just celebrated my 19-year-old birthday a few days before. Now that I am a Uni student, somemore a medical student, somemore I'm not a billionaire's daughter, I HAVE TO do well in IMU.

Regardless of anything, I just need to do well.

Remember:
1.Manage your time. as dad always says, Fix it now, Do it now. 
2.I am not smart. So work triple harder than any other people.
3.Enjoy. Do great deeds to change your life for the better.

Finally,
All the best =)