CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recruitment drive

It's now exactly one month from the 1st day of commencement of class! Yesterday we had recruitment drive at the atrium. We got to choose whatever clubs or societies that we are interested in, then we sign up for it and go for trial sessions. There are so many kinds of clubs and even some that I haven't heard of before.

I find some clubs pretty interesting so I signed up for them. And everything seemed so attractive so I didn't really think twice before joining them and at the end of the day I realised that I have joined 11 clubs and societies. I joined games that I've never seen or experienced before, like fencing. I joined Squash as well. Oh yea, I joined the Yoga club as well. But these clubs except Squash club requires fees. Besides RM5 upon registration, for fencing, it is RM80 per month for a 1-hour session per week whereas it is RM120 for three months of yoga sessions, 1-hour per week as well. However, Squash is totally free. Even squash rackets and balls and transport to the stadium are provided. Well, I joined not because it is free but in fact, I have been thinking of playing squash for quite some time.

Besides games, societies that I joined are: First Aid Club, Debate Club, Speaking Club( or Speech Club), AMSA( Asian Medical Students' Association), Community Service Club, CruisAiders, ISOW( Support for women's club), Buddhist Society.

Wow! I wonder if I would have enough time for the activities! But there's one good thing of joining clubs in IMU is that activity attendance is not compulsory, so it's flexible for you to join or not =)