CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Is this real?

Is this real? I am going to stay 200 kilometres away from home all alone. Wow. That sounds great, doesn't it? But when it comes to serious thinking about it, it isn't all that wonderful. Am I going to suffer from home-sickness, although it is only a 2-hour journey from home? Am I going to learn well in a totally new environment? Am I going to make a lot of friends? Am I going to be do well in medicine?

So many questions are surrounding my head. But I can't help thinking about them. What should I bring? What should I do with the room? Any repair work or painting to be done? Any extra cupboards necessary? Yes. In fact, the room looks so run down ( although it is within expectation ) that I extremely need to do something about it before moving in. Because very likely I'm going to stay there for the next 2 years.

The medium room which I'm going to rent is considered as fully-furnished. It consists of a queen-size mattress which is bare, means it is only a mattress without any cover over it, a study table and a wooden chair, a wardrobe which doors are hanging almost dangerously, a book rack with a few compartments, a table fan and, that is all. So definitely I have to bring a lot of things there!!

After having a short discussion with Mum and Dad, I decided that I should prepare the followings:
1. Pails ( a big one for laundry purposes, a small one for keeping toiletry)
2. Hanger + pegs + soap powder + detergent ( there is a washing machine, but I guess I need to bring my own detergent)
3. Book shelf ( that given book shelf is definitely too small)
4. Polystyrene board + double-sided tape ( it allows me to pin papers or notes on the wall, which would be pretty important)
5. Hook + String for curtain ( there is a window but its curtain is hanging on a string that looks like it will fall any time)
6. towel rack ( I'm not going to hang my towel in the bathroom)
7. linoleum ( for my study table so it would look nicer)
8. Dun-lope glue ( to repair the worn-out surface of wardrobe)
9. Extension wire ( for hair dryer, fan, laptop, table lamp, mini kettle etc.)
10. CD player ( I can't live without music)
11. Korean table ( I think I will eat in my room with that, it is very practical)
12. Ironing board + iron ( too bad, no ironing board is provided)
13. Cutleries including a cup, plate, bowl, fork and spoon, chopsticks etc.
14. Rice cooker
15. Mini kettle
16. floor towel
17. toilet slippers
18. chair ( I don't think I will feel comfortable with that stiff wooden chair)
19. Hair dryer
20. Pillow + bolster + blanket + comforter + bedsheets + tatami ( I am used to sleeping on harder surface instead of soft one)
21. Washing net
22. Toilet roll
23. Dustbin
24. Printer

So far it is No.24 and I guess the list will go on very likely. All the best! You are going to live alone and guess what, you're not dreaming. It is real! True! You don't need Mummy anymore! You can't depend on her! Please be independent!

=) Cheers!!