CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Friday, June 17, 2011

my dear old friend

" Bambambam...If that's ok with you....I love the way that you look without your makeup...bambambam..."
It is 7.45am and I get up from the bed like I have slept for 8 hours, which in fact, I have not. Instead, only 4 hours. LOL. It is the sound from the school speakers. That is my good friend's voice, of course, a recorded one.

During my high school days, we used to have 3 assemblies weekly. Before the principal and the teachers spoke, students had to do some physical exercises with an emcee conducting it on the stage. And that was my friend's job.

She is considered one of my very best friends. In fact, it can be said that she is my closest of best friends. However, unlike any other good girl friends in the class who liked to stick to each other most of the time, she and I seldom do so, especially in the final year of school. If somebody asks me who my best friend is, it wouldn't be truthful enough that she is the first person who comes to my mind. But I would hesitate to tell he or she.

I've known her for more than 6 years now. We have been very good partners and friends. We took part in all sorts of competitions. In class, we were always the top students. We were in the prefect board and that made us even better companions. She taught me a lot of things that are useful in life. Like how to treat your parents if you wish to get something from them. Ha-ha. This sounds a little not-so-good, doesn't it? But honestly, things like that are very useful. In other words, I learnt from her to do things with a double-winning solution. However, ironically, I don't like her that much. She is a very strong and competent person. Of course, this is not the reason that makes me not like her. It is actually because she does thing way a little too smooth. And she goes all the way for the thing she wants. Yes, she is a very determined person. But this also made her a little selfish. And I can't stand that.

However, overall, she is a friend worthwhile to befriend with. But not a working partner.