CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 BRAND NEW YEAR

IT'S 2012. Can you believe it?

Okay, it's already the second day of January 2012 and honestly I was a little surprised when I found that I just realized it's already 2012! Time flies.

It's half way of the first semester in IMU but because it's a brand new year, I have new year's resolutions for myself.

I always look forward to starting a new year because it always gives me many new hopes and somewhat momentum from nowhere would always drive me crazy working non-stop in stuff I like, which is great, because all I need at all times is ENERGY, endless energy and strength.

Briefly,
I have a number of new year's resolutions

First of all, of course, I would do my best in my studies, and make whatever I'm learning and doing as fun and as memorable as possible, and I am going to go all the way to learn what I'm supposed to know. There's an interesting saying adapted from what jiujiu said, let's say I scored 6 out of 10 in an exam, in other words it means, out of 10 persons, I am only capable of saving 6 persons' lives! Doesn't this sound crazy? Okay, so that makes it one of the reasons I must do well in studies!

Secondly, I'm going to live a healthy lifestyle both physically and mentally. Which means, I carry out physical activities constantly, especially swimming. And, no mood swing is allowed. Keep an eye on yourself, and be careful when you can't help checking your FB account or your phone, it means that you are not clear of what you are supposed to do. Stop giving ridiculous excuses for yourself. Also, PROCRASTINATION IN MEDICAL SCHOOLS IS A SURE WAY TO FAIL is going to be your new study motto as well as your life motto, because at this phase of your life, your life is all about studying, interesting learning XD

Thirdly, which is actually related to the second point, keeping my body healthy in such ways that besides doing exercises, eating more healthy/ aka functional foods and less junk food is very important. If I cannot even take good care of myself, you can forget about saving lives.

In a nutshell, I must learn to live my life to the FULLEST at every moment. I actually worked out a logic, which is very simple and i think if I understand it well, I can succeed my study life XD doubtless.

OKAY, what is lacking in my daily life that makes me bored/in other words, suffer? No TV? No movies? No shopping? No friends to talk to because my housemates are always not around? Nothing to do? Gahh. However, the fact is that, if there is a TV it would be worse because I might watch TV all day and finally end up suffering from guilt due to tonnes of unfinished work. Also, shopping is actually pretty tiring. It takes me at least 2 hours roundtrip to go to the nearest mall, and usually I wouldn't be back after dawn. So, the same bad thing would happen, I would suffer from guilt having the whole day spent not with notes. Next, no friends to talk to? Even when your housemates are around you usually do not knock on their doors and talk to them. So, this is an excuse, a lame one. And then, it's a total joke to say that you have nothing to do. You have tonnes of work waiting for you to accomplish. Hence, the simple reason for all these problems is that you CANNOT FOCUS, which, for a medical student, is supposed to be ridiculous ( although it always happens in poor will people)

Hence, the basic rule to triumph over all the stupid problems is that YOU NEED TO LEARN. TO. FOCUS. IN. YOUR. STUDIES. ONLY.

okay. being long-winded is also a sin in the life of a medical student.
Thus, pen off now, and ...

lastly,
WISH MYSELF ALL THE BEST IN THE BRAND NEW YEAR OF 2012
BE HAPPY
HEALTHY ALWAYS
GOOD LUCK IN
EVERYTHING!!!!