CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MICRO BIOLOGY?

MICRO = small
BIO = life
-LOGY = studies

I'm moving on to Microbiology from this week onwards for 3 weeks. I haven't really started learning about it yet so all I know now is that it's all about *wonderful* and *gigantic* names! But I'm definitely going to conquer it! Hurray~

Okay, so today, I had a pretty wonderful session in the laboratory. I had Gram Stain session =) ( Gram Stain is developed by Christian Gram in the 19th century (it's in the notes)) I learnt how to stain bacteria using Gram Stain method and identify Gram positive or Gram negative bacteria.

I stained E.coli and Staphylococcus aureus and got to see E.Coli appeared pink(Gram-) whereas S.aureus appeared purple(Gram+). They looked so small even under a light microscope but they can be so harmful that might result in very high mortality in human beings. I put on the gloves and sterilized the entire working place, and started the task very carefully. I don't want to bring the germs home!

I enjoyed the session so much. Although it's inevitably tiring looking through the small lenses of the microscope.


All the best for your coming 3 weeks of Microbiology, and then you're freed for Christmas holiday! Yeah.