CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Turn a new leaf?

I am used to setting new challenges and bigger goals for myself every time when it is a new beginning, for example, at the beginning of the year or when a new semester starts. Since last year when I completed my 6 years of high school, in fact, I have been thinking of new challenges to set. Maybe there are way too many things I have to accomplish, I couldn't figure out a specific goal for myself. After some struggling and thinking during these almost 8 months, I finally came out with a rough idea of what I strongly believe that I am supposed to do. Instead of saying that I should turn a new leaf, which might sound like I have done something bad though I had not, I should say that I need to set goals and challenges so that I am totally revitalized and full of energy and that might help me in becoming a more capable person in the future.

Now, I clearly know that I am pretty weak at social networking which means I am somehow reluctant to speak to people who I do not know. As a med student who wants to be a doctor so badly, this is not a small subject. I am very sure that a doctor cannot work by itself. A doctor who excels must work in a team. That means, a doctor must be able to get along well with other people easily. Hence, this has to be a new goal for me. I must always remember to take the initiative to meet new people. I must learn to speak and be much more outspoken. Social networking would be so vital that it may influence a doctor's job. I must take the opportunity to meet all kinds of people so that I give myself more chances to learn from the better.

Besides, I must pick up my English and Malay speaking skills. Perhaps it is because I am brought up in a Chinese-educated family and had been in a Chinese Private school, I seldom have a chance to speak in English and Malay. I think these two languages weigh as important should I serve as a doctor in Malaysia. I surely do not want to struggle in language barrier which will sound pretty ridiculous, both as a doctor and as a Malaysian. Therefore, I must speak a lot more English and Malay. I should not be any shy. At times, I should even speak in English only and get along with more English-educated people so that I have a bigger chance to learn and be initiative in speaking in the language.

It is my goals that I am going to challenge myself. I am going to strike it all the way. I am not going to run away from it. I MUST meet the goals. In less than 3 weeks, I am going to be a medical student in IMU. I am going to be the best of myself. I am going to work extra-hard and be very prepared that my university-life is not going to be easy. I must be very prepared that it might even seem disastrous. And I shall expect all the things more difficult and challenging than I could ever imagine. BUT I must not run away from any of them. I must always bear in mind one very important saying, which has been my companion during my hard-times while preparing for UEC last year, that is IF YOU DON'T QUIT, DON'T CHEAT AND DON'T RUN HOME WHEN TROUBLE COMES, YOU CAN ONLY WIN. For sure, I might lose a lot, but in the end, I will win because I can ONLY win from the bad times when I lost. Life's but a brief candle BUT it is in fact an amazing race.

I do not know what is going to fall on me in the next minute or TOMORROW. But as a living person, I shall be the best all the way. I shall live to the fullest. I shall strike for all I want. I shall be the best of what I want.

Yes. I do not know God I do not know Buddha and I do not know Lord Ganesha. But for now, I believe in myself but not being arrogant and proud of my self-being. I am but a tiny living creature in the world. But as I am given this opportunity to learn this world of colours and lives, I shall be the best.

Yes. Yes. All the best. All the way you go.