CONVICTION

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

 AT LAST
I see the beams of light that lead me to somewhere.

It's Thursday, 7th of April. Exactly a week after I got to know that I am REJECTED by all the Taiwan universities I applied. 7 days and now I'm back to normal in the sense that I'm at least clearer about the things and tasks I should be carrying out now.

The Manipal Vs. IMU stuff is now settled.
After all the thinking, discussions, comparisons and analysts made,
AT LAST
Dad, Mum and I came up with a collaborative decision that I would further my studies in IMU.
What a great idea. ( in the sense that at least now I know where I'd be going)

Then there's another big headache:
IMU MBBS OR IMU PMS ?
Local 5 years Vs. 2.5 + 2/3/4 years (abroad)
370K Vs. 188K + 500K

Check this out: http://imu.edu.my/pro-un-fee.html

In Malaysia where the currency is considered almost lower than most of the countries, to study abroad especially pursuing in medicine requires almost a million ringgit. That's a very small amount for Europeans or Americans. But to a Malaysian who came from a middle-class family, that's a great sum of money. In other words, you have to be a millionaire's child OR you have to be a jackpot winner.
I've understood too much about this so elaborating it here seems meaningless. And honestly I don't like to do so. I'm bored with it.


SO
As the consequence that I'm not a millionaire's daughter or I haven't yet won in a jackpot, I would pursue MBBS in IMU. I'm grateful for it. ( Some people don't even get to complete their secondary education)

There are a couple of tasks I have to do NOW
1. Make an appointment with IMU person-in-charge. Need to know more about the medical program and MY FUTURE.
2. Decide which IELTS lesson in ILTI. Group or Individual. (The whole thing plus the exam would cost my dad almost 900 ringgit.....gosh)
3. Keep track to SCHOLARSHIPS OR GRANTS AND LOANS
 --- HongLeong Foundation Scholarship programme 2011
 --- IMU / John Beck Scholarship
 --- PTPTN loan
 --- I hope I can get more info !!!

Doctors save lives! But why is it so difficult to get a scholarship or even a grant or loan? Because doctors don't work for businessman or big companies? So rich companies don't sponsor med students?? Isn't that ridiculous?  That isn't fair at all. Doctors save lives!!

Pray  Pray  Pray.


BEST OF LUCK !!!